Sleep apnea is a potentially life-threatening condition, and millions of Americans are afflicted with it. At Aspen Ridge Dental in Casper we offer safe and effective sleep apnea treatment.
There are different types of sleep apnea. What they have in common is interrupted sleep. Recurring interruptions deprive the brain of oxygen. This, in turn, puts you at risk of such serious conditions as cardiac disease and stroke.
Signs that you may have sleep apnea include:
- Loud snoring
- Sudden awakenings
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Frequently being tired during the day
- Waking with a dry mouth
- Headaches, especially in the morning
- Difficulty concentrating
An at-home sleep test can evaluate your sleep patterns to help diagnose sleep apnea. An accurate diagnosis is the first step toward successful treatment.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Oral appliance therapy (OAT) can be an effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine has approved OAT in the following circumstances:
- As a first-line treatment for people with mild to moderate OSA
- As a first-line treatment for people with severe OSA who are unable to use CPAP devices
- As a combination therapy (using CPAP and an oral appliance together)
Contact Aspen Ridge Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):