website creator The latest conservative dental treatments today involve lasers. Laser dentistry gently disinfects and evaporates damaged tissues. Not only do dental lasers combat dental disease, but they have a long list of other capabilities, like improving a gummy smile and diagnosing decay.
Our Aspen Ridge dentists won’t stop until you are pleased with your state-of-the-art dental care. You deserve a flawless smile and total comfort while you achieve it.
Laser Gum Treatment
We use soft tissue laser dentistry for laser gum surgery procedures like:
- Frenectomies. When a child has extra growth of gum tissue such as a gum or lip tie, our lasers make frenectomies easy and painless so your child can have no trouble nursing, eating, and speaking.
- Fibroma removal. Fibromas are benign growths in the mouth that are usually caused by irritation or rubbing against a tooth or dental appliance. These growths can be easily removed with a dental laser when they are too irritating or unattractive.
- Ulcer and lesion removal. Mouth sores can be painful. Many will resolve on their own in a week or two, but sometimes they don’t. When this happens, a laser can be used to smooth out the gums and remove an infection, healing the sore.
- Exposing unerupted teeth. Sometimes, especially in children, a tooth will grow in but won’t erupt above the gums. To help free the tooth, we can use a laser to neatly and hygienically remove the gum tissue without causing any pain.
- Reversing a gummy smile (gum recontouring). Gum recontouring can eliminate a gummy smile by balancing the gum-to-tooth ratio and giving you a more symmetrical look. Patients who choose to improve a gummy smile with laser dentistry will enjoy a healthier and more confident grin.
- Laser-assisted periodontal therapy. Laser-assisted periodontal therapy takes laser technology to ensure a minimally invasive treatment. Periodontitis affects the bones and tissues that support the teeth, and laser dentistry is one of the safest ways to restore your health and prevent long-term effects.
Painless Periodontal Therapy
This laser gum surgery removes diseased tissue while leaving the healthy tissue intact and bacteria-free! Compared to standard gum tissue surgeries, laser gum surgery is:
- More comfortable
- More aesthetic
Beautiful Gums for Beautiful Smiles
With our gum lasers, we can shape your gums precisely. Some patients have gum tissue to spare, and it can hide much of their teeth. Our lasers can gently remove excess tissue, sculpting your mouth into the radiant smile you’ve always wanted.
Hard Tissue Dental Laser
The hard tissue laser is used on teeth instead of the traditional dental drill. It can be used for cavity detection and diagnosis, improved tooth whitening, and more. Hard tissue laser dentistry is:
- Gentle and quiet: Laser energy excites the water molecules in the teeth to gently trim away the structure of the teeth. This gentle approach keeps the procedure virtually pain-free.
- Precise: A laser offers ultimate precision, producing fewer stress cracks. Your tooth will remain stronger after your laser gum surgery, and you won’t need as much anesthetic.
- Convenient: We can restore multiple cavities, improve a gummy smile, or make other changes in a single visit. You’ll leave feeling like yourself and with only a short and easy recovery period ahead of you.
Are Lasers Painful?
Remarkably, laser therapy is usually less painful than when the same procedures are done by hand. They are also more precise and promote faster healing. After treatment, you may experience some soreness in the area, but you’ll be given instructions at your appointment on how to handle pain and prevent infection.
Lasers are a great way to experience dental procedures. If you are nervous about getting any of the procedures listed above, laser dentistry is the way to go. You’ll be in and out before you know it, and you likely won’t feel anything more than a slight warmness in your mouth.
Contact Aspen Ridge Dental To Learn More About Laser Dentistry
Let us introduce you to a new type of dentistry! To schedule your appointment, contact Aspen Ridge Dental today.