When patients get mouth sores, the team at Aspen Ridge Dental in Caspar advises them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these family dentistry tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food – plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. It’s no fun, but overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods can aggravate a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
Try these family dentistry suggestions the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. At Aspen Ridge Dental in Caspar WY, we also practice cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Call our office to schedule an appointment.
Contact Aspen Ridge Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):