If you are scheduled for cancer treatment due to a recent diagnosis or relapse, your dental health is probably not your first priority. But the team at Aspen Ridge Dental urges you to give some attention to your teeth to prevent or minimize common cancer-related dental complications.
According to the National Institutes of Health, cancer treatment often takes a heavy toll on dental health.
Common Complications of Chemotherapy and/or Radiation
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes
- Viral, bacterial, and fungal infections
- Mouth dryness (increases risk of cavities)
- Poor nutrition due to eating difficulties
- Mouth pain
- Oral bleeding
- Lifelong risk of tooth decay
- Loss of elasticity of masticatory muscles (may make opening mouth difficult)
- Bone recession due to decreased blood flow
- Tooth loss
At Aspen Ridge Dental in Casper, we want to help you maintain dental health before, during, and after your cancer treatment. We offer comprehensive family and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Aspen Ridge Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):